Hydrophobic car coating
A problem shared is half solved
Disclaimer: Every member is SOLELY responsible for what they post or upload on autosolutions.com.ng
Super-Hydrophobic, Super Glossy, Nano Coatings are apart of a highly advanced nano-coating system, which was created to address the growing surface protection needs of the automotive, marine, aerospace and home markets. It is extremely resistant to corrosion, abrasion and temperature, while providing an incredible level of surface gloss! Coatings have been tested in the harshest conditions and proven to perform better than any other surface protection. With that said…it is important that you be the final judge on its performance.
Auto Body & Marine Coatings can be applied to metal, plastic, powder coat, paint, and virtually any hard substrate, forming a permanent protective barrier. Nano Coatings react with the substrate surfaces and form an “abrasion resistant” coating with extremely high bonding properties. It also generates a thin, optically transparent coating, with high impact strength. This very durable and “hard” coating is also flexible.
How does it work?
Nano coating formula’s contains both hydrophobic and hydrophilic properties, it’s application to vehicle paintwork will give you that “super hydrophobic” visual effect, along with superior scratch & abrasion resistance. Nano Coatings are both designed to provide protection and gloss that will surpass even the most particular clients expectations. Nano Coating formulation will attract water (hydrophilic) and encapsulate dust or other debris and then the hydrophobic portion will repel the combined dirt and water from the car thereby making it self-cleaning. This dual layering is all that is needed to create an amazing 3-D effect on the paintwork.
What are the benefits of a car coating?
– Paint Protection is the name of the game and the absolute highest level of paint protection you can get is a car coating.
– Hardness – will not necessarily prevent scratches (this is where most detailers will over sell the consumer) but will greatly reduce the amount of surface scratching that would normally happen without a coating.
– Intense gloss and shine
Give’s your car that just waxed look, month after month, year after year without actually waxing your car.
– Chemical resistant
What are the con’s of a car coating?
1. Price – Coating products are significantly more expensive than many traditional protection products.
2. Prep – I suggest coatings mainly be installed on brand new cars to limit the amount of prep work (paint correction) that needs to be done on the car before the coating can be installed properly.
3. Application – if done wrong or installed improperly your car can actually look worse with a car coating then without one.