Wondering Why Vehicle Tyre Pulls Out on Motion? ( this is very common in Honda cars)
Ball Joint Failure – Ball Joints are major component of the suspension system that connects the wheels and suspension of a vehicle. They are found on the front suspension of most vehicles today. The ball and socket design help the joint pivot.
The ball joints makes it easier to steer by allowing the front wheels and suspension to move back and forth as well as up and down when the steering wheel is turned and the vehicle is traveling over the road.
Why causes Ball Joints Failure?
- Ball joint becomes worn out. (ageing)
- Damaged boot may allow dirt into the bearing.
- Dry out due to lack of lubrication.
What are the Symptoms of Ball Joint Failure?
- Increased tire wear.
- Uneven tire wear.
- Clunking noise on bumps or turns.
- Excessive vibration from front of the vehicle
- Hard steering (worst case)
- Steering wheel wondering to the left or right
What are the Implications of Ball Joint Failure?
- Angle of the tire can cause an abrupt halt or tire damage.
- Pulled out tyre